• • • Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) and Darius Rucker have extended their worldwide publishing agreement. The contract encompasses his previous works and his next album, due in 2013.
“Darius has raised the bar with his upcoming album and we look forward to many more years of hit songs,” said Kent Earls, UMPG Nashville EVP/GM.
“UMPG has been a partner from the beginning and they are as passionate about my music as I am,” shared Rucker. “For me, that’s what’s it’s all about.”
Rucker has released two albums with Capitol Nashville including his platinum-selling debut album, Learn to Live, and 2010 sophomore release Charleston, SC 1966. Collectively, the projects have produced five No. 1 songs, each co-written by Rucker, including “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It,” “It Won’t Be Like This For Long,” “Alright,” “This” and “Come Back Song.” Rucker’s first single off his upcoming album, “True Believers,” is set to impact radio this month.
Rucker, managed by McGhee Entertainment, has sold over 25 million albums – both as a solo artist and as a member of the band Hootie & the Blowfish.
• • • Artist and ASCAP songwriter Jeff Allen recently inked an agreement with Sony/ATV Music Publishing. He is also represented by CAA and has been working on a new album produced by hit songwriter Odie Blackmon and musician Kenny Greenberg.
• • • Grammy and Oscar winning singer-songwriter Ryan Bingham recently extended his deal with Warner/Chappell Music. Bingham visited the publisher’s Los Angeles offices to perform and celebrate the agreement with Chairman & CEO Cameron Strang, manager Anna Axster, and SVP & Head of A&R Greg Sowders. Warner/Chappell recently secured the top spot on Billboard’s publisher airplay chart for the second quarter.
• • • Compass Records has signed award-winning singer, songwriter and bluegrass star Claire Lynch. Her label debut is due in early 2013. Lynch has earned two IBMA Female Vocalist of the Year awards and two Grammy nominations during time with the Front Porch String Band.
• • • Pulse Recording recently hosted a soiree at its flagship office in Los Angeles to celebrate its new partnership with Beth and Luke Laird’s Creative Nation. The party followed a week of songwriting collaborations between Creative Nation and Pulse clients including Laird, Barry Dean, Bonnie McKee, Oligee, Wrabel and Mighty Mike. Among Pulse Recording’s mega hits are Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” and “The Edge of Glory;” Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream,” “California Gurls,” “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)” and “Part of Me;” Taio Cruz’s “Dynamite;” and Neon Trees’ “Animal.”